Go Back   OtakuSocialNetwork > Anime > Comedy

Old 04-09-2016, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Default Funniest Anime Characters Ever

Hello all,

So....I was recently thinking, I'll make a contest category for who is the funniest anime character? A few come to mind for me and it's hard to pick from them, so I decided to expand this contest to funniest characters (this way you guys won't have to pick just one, although, if you prefer, you can list just one).

What makes each of these characters so funny that just thinking about them makes you smile or even break out into laughter? Is it their voice acting? Their responses to situations? Their personality? Their intelligence (or lack there of)? Their character design? It's probably a combination of things.

So what are the traits of these characters that have caused them to become irreversibly burned into your mind and your funny bone? Please describe in detail everything that makes the character or characters you have chosen so uproariously funny to you.

Include examples of memorable scenes that they were involved in that made you just bust out laughing (if applicable). You can include humorous pics of the character or characters if you want to as well. Treat this like a short essay. So lets hear who makes you smile, laugh, and roll on the floor with joy .

-Admin-

Old 04-19-2016, 09:11 PM

hmmm probably yato from noragami.

He is often playful and sneaky,unpredictable, he dose tons of silly and childish things all the time like buying good luck charms which are scams, sometimes he's self centered, and materialistic. He is cheap, and steals his partners Yukine's hard earn money, and steals his food, etc. Yato's partners always complain of his sweaty hand handy problem. Often Yato fantasies himself about being a rich popular god. Alot of times he can be crud, serious and mysterious.His emotions and expressions are constantly change between all range of emotions. Even in the english dubbing commentary, his voice actor explain it was tough to voice yato due to his constantly change in emotions.

Last edited by sparky3000; 04-19-2016 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:29 AM

I'd have to say Naotsugu from Log Horizon. Not only is this guy an open flippen pervert but he makes good comedy relief for abuse from Akatsuki for all the pervy stuff he says. Every time at least in one episode through the entire first season at most he's always made me laugh with turning everything into something dirty and ends up being whacked around for it too hehe ><

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRUFdvhRmTY
Old 05-02-2016, 02:26 PM

Hard to choose, there are so many gems out there, so I'll just pick characters that have most recently been cracking me up: The Seven Deadly Sins.

Individually, or as a group, there is something hilarious about the juxtaposition of their insurmountable power and their loser personalities. Mostly the only reason the world is safe from them is because they're all a bunch of lazy, low-brow, mildly air-headed oddballs that are so insanely powerful that it mostly just doesn't occur to them to seek more power. At the beginning of the story, you see their wanted poster, and they look so cool and intimidating, like maybe they're going to be heroic Robinhood-esque outlaws - and then as we meet them, it is hilariously disappointing to find that they are a pack of socially-stunted weirdos. On their own they're interesting enough, but its when they get together that they have this twisted hilarious chemistry.

Last edited by LadySkyfire; 05-02-2016 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Default Gratz sparky3000

Gratz sparky3000,

You won the Funniest Anime Character Ever contest. The clip of Yato getting punched over and over again, while coins spilled out was freakin hilarious. Gratz again on your win sparky3000.

-Admin-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky3000 View Post
hmmm probably yato from noragami.

He is often playful and sneaky,unpredictable, he dose tons of silly and childish things all the time like buying good luck charms which are scams, sometimes he's self centered, and materialistic. He is cheap, and steals his partners Yukine's hard earn money, and steals his food, etc. Yato's partners always complain of his sweaty hand handy problem. Often Yato fantasies himself about being a rich popular god. Alot of times he can be crud, serious and mysterious.His emotions and expressions are constantly change between all range of emotions. Even in the english dubbing commentary, his voice actor explain it was tough to voice yato due to his constantly change in emotions.

Old 05-07-2016, 10:49 PM

Seconded, Yato is hilarious! ^^