Old 01-15-2019, 12:10 PM

Default THANK YOU!!!

If you haven't read the announcement yet, here it is,
http://otakusocialnetwork.com/forums...ead.php?t=1486

Very sad to hear that you're closing the doors after almost 10 years.

I thought it might be nice for everyone on here to say thank you and maybe tell us how you joined OSN and how long you've been a member.

First off thank you for creating this site and for all that you've done for the community!
I joined in Sept 2009 right after getting SWAG from your booth at NYAF. I found your booth again at NYAF/NYCC and got a slide whistle which I still have to annoy my brother when I see him.

I've made a couple connections on here and have definitely seen some cool anime that other members have recommended.

Thank you again!!!
Old 01-21-2019, 10:32 AM

I ran across an OSN booth at Anime St. Louis, looks like back in 2011.

Thanks for all the prizes I've won over the years. Too many to keep track of.

Looks like my photo comic will come to an end, without getting very far.

Activate Interlocks. Dynotherms connected. Infracells up. Megathrusters are go. Let's go Voltron Force!
St. Louis Anime Meetup Group | Our pages here | The Melancholy of Figma Suzumiya & Friends
Old 01-31-2019, 05:24 PM

I hope he doesn't mind me posting this, but here's copy of my first message sent on the site that tells the beginning of my connection to OSN:

"Hey Ashuram, don't know if you remember me but I was one of the guys who came up and asked about your site at AWA this year. I was on staff so I didn't have much time to talk but I asked you about why you started the site and you told me to check out a series called Densha Otoko if that jogs your memory. Just wanted to let you know that I'm on the site now and I hope things are going well."

Since then I've really enjoyed chatting and getting to know about some of the members on here including Kenta, lilnekotiffy, and nataku411. It was also always a nice surprise to see I won part of the monthly contests, which really lifted my spirits during some especially tough years as I dealt with multiple surgeries and health issues.

I certainly hope to keep in contact with the friends I've made here, but also wish everybody that's been part of Otaku Social Network the best in their life and opportunities moving forward.

Thank you so much! ^_^
Old 02-07-2019, 03:55 AM

I don't remember if it was AUSA or Katsukon probably about 10 years ago now that I first heard of OSN with the frisby handouts and such.

There's been some good times playing around with different features that came and went. Was able to connect to some people on a closer level that I otherwise only saw at conventions, and even the ones that are no longer on here I still hang out with when I see them at conventions now.

Sad to see the site go, but I understand. End of an era.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Default Gratz humbledsoul5121

Gratz humbledsoul5121,

You've won this month's Best Forum Post Contest. I do remember this conversation now that you've reminded me. I totally forgot about the Densha Otoko series (I think I still have it somewhere on vhs tape, lol). Did you ever check out the series? Man, you are bringing back fond memories of AWA. My buddy used to supply most of the arcade cabinets for that convention (he still might). We'd hang out and party after I shut down my booth. Man...good times.

Do you still go to AWA? I miss the Cobb Galleria and AWA. That was one of my top 3 favorite conventions. Being a night owl like I am, I love 24 hour conventions. Maybe someday I'll go back, but the 13 hour drive is rough. Anyway, gratz again on your win and I hope you stay healthy and strong for many many decades. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbledsoul5121 View Post
I hope he doesn't mind me posting this, but here's copy of my first message sent on the site that tells the beginning of my connection to OSN:

"Hey Ashuram, don't know if you remember me but I was one of the guys who came up and asked about your site at AWA this year. I was on staff so I didn't have much time to talk but I asked you about why you started the site and you told me to check out a series called Densha Otoko if that jogs your memory. Just wanted to let you know that I'm on the site now and I hope things are going well."

Since then I've really enjoyed chatting and getting to know about some of the members on here including Kenta, lilnekotiffy, and nataku411. It was also always a nice surprise to see I won part of the monthly contests, which really lifted my spirits during some especially tough years as I dealt with multiple surgeries and health issues.

I certainly hope to keep in contact with the friends I've made here, but also wish everybody that's been part of Otaku Social Network the best in their life and opportunities moving forward.

Thank you so much! ^_^

Old 02-11-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Gratz humbledsoul5121,

You've won this month's Best Forum Post Contest. I do remember this conversation now that you've reminded me. I totally forgot about the Densha Otoko series (I think I still have it somewhere on vhs tape, lol). Did you ever check out the series? Man, you are bringing back fond memories of AWA. My buddy used to supply most of the arcade cabinets for that convention (he still might). We'd hang out and party after I shut down my booth. Man...good times.

Do you still go to AWA? I miss the Cobb Galleria and AWA. That was one of my top 3 favorite conventions. Being a night owl like I am, I love 24 hour conventions. Maybe someday I'll go back, but the 13 hour drive is rough. Anyway, gratz again on your win and I hope you stay healthy and strong for many many decades. ^_^
I'm really glad to bring some of those fond memories back to you, and I hope you can make many more over the coming years. It sounds like it was a great time, and if you're ever in the area again give me a call and we'll meet up. Unfortunately I have yet to check out the series due to so many other shows that have caught my attention, but I'll promise you I'll get into the series by the end of this year.

I've been to AWA almost every year since the one we met and had that conversation. It was the first one I ever attended and still my favorite, plus I've met up with one of the OSN users there, and when a long-time online friend and I met for the first time we attended AWA together as well. I don't blame you for not wanting to pull that 13-hour drive though. Do you ever go to Anime Boston? I may be coming up that way to meet up with the aforementioned online friend and attend that con with them in April.