Go Back   OtakuSocialNetwork > Otaku > Fan Creations (AMV, Fan Art, Fan Fics)

Old 05-11-2018, 12:37 PM

I don't have a tripod, either. Nor money to spare for a non-free photo-editer. I have no use for it outside my comic, anyway. So, I use GIMP & just work within its & my limitations. I'm sure I can find faster ways to edit things, if I wanted to, but faster does not always equate to easier. I do have some nice, quick techniques for adding things to images. But I don't feel like learning new ways to edit things out.

Activate Interlocks. Dynotherms connected. Infracells up. Megathrusters are go. Let's go Voltron Force!
St. Louis Anime Meetup Group | Our pages here | The Melancholy of Figma Suzumiya & Friends
Old 05-29-2018, 05:23 AM

Send a message via MSN to Deedo

When I started I used a cardboard box and white construction paper. But as time went on I learned to use what's around me then started to shoot outside for different backgrounds.
You are right about not needing the same things for your comic but it never hurts to try new things once in a while for a change of pace.

Old 06-06-2018, 03:19 PM

When I was looking for a zoom setting on my tablet, I discovered it defaulted to 480p, despite having HD settings. Guess what will be used when I get around to the next update?

Activate Interlocks. Dynotherms connected. Infracells up. Megathrusters are go. Let's go Voltron Force!
St. Louis Anime Meetup Group | Our pages here | The Melancholy of Figma Suzumiya & Friends
Old 12-05-2018, 09:30 AM

Sorry this is so late. These figures have lots of parts, so it is daunting working with so many. I have had some of this in my head for quite a while. Other things also get in my way.

I did figure out why previous pics had been so big. Double sized. @[email protected] Pics on my tablet are taken as 1600x1200, Rather than 800x600, which I caught & fixed this time.

Sorry for the blurry pic/s. I'm still working out how the timing on the focus works.

Interlopers

Unfortunately, Megami's shoulder joint could not withstand the minimal stress of overcoming friction & snapped. v_v I was being super careful, too, so I don't think it was avoidable. Strangely, it was not the arm that had been supporting her weight for months. @[email protected] I had her on her rifle, riding it like a broom, attached only by a special non-poseable hand (still the normal arm), with her feet squeezing the rifle as a means of support. That arm seems completely fine; the arm that broke, cleverly hidden in the editing, had zero stress on it all this time. Hopefully, the same solvent I used on Baihu's hip can fuse the shoulder joint back together, too. If it does end up fixed, she will join the others.

Getting that dark panel at the end was tricky. I would like it to be harder to identify who is there, but I don't think I could make it darker. Not only was the only light source obscured, but all other lights were off.

Old 01-09-2019, 01:02 AM
Administrator

Default Gratz J-kun

Gratz J-kun,

You've won this month's Best Forum Post Contest. Awesome comic again. The lighting is much better too. Did you get a new camera or some new lighting? Either way, looks great, and keep them coming.

-Admin-

Old 01-09-2019, 09:00 AM

No new equipment. That hallway just is lit properly. But there aren't too many scenes that make sense shooting in such a confined space. And I don't feel like photoshopping literally everything to use that space for the lighting.

Tags
figma, figuarts, haruhi suzumiya, photocomic, sailor scouts