Old 06-17-2018, 10:05 PM

Default Atlanta Cons

I'm newer to GA. I went to AWA last year and that was a blast. Best Con I've been to. Super relaxed yet plenty to do. I didn't get to MomoCon this year. I heard it was good this year tho. Anyone been to both? Any other cons I'm missing? I may go to Alanta Comic con in a couple weeks (I also really enjoy comics, video games, movies). There's also a Monster Con in Oct I am really looking forward to. I was born and raised in NY, and hour and a half outside the city and besides NYCC there's not much going on. I did find this website going to NYAF which was awesome for the year and half they did it (one year was just NYAF then NYAF/NYCC). Not really a question or even a point to this post I suppose just thought it's cool how much more is going on in Atlanta over NY
Old 06-29-2018, 08:32 PM

Hey FoxxDoctor, and welcome to Georgia! Hopefully it's been a nice experience so far. ^_^

I've been to both Momo and AWA, but that's been it so far unfortunately. I feel like Momo covers more of a variety of fandoms, but in my opinion AWA is so far still better for just anime. However, Momo has been improving over the years so that may change at some point in the future.

Let us know how Atlanta Comic Con and Monster Con are if you check them out!
Old 07-10-2018, 09:20 PM

Besides ridiculously hot it's been nice haha.
My buddy went to MoMoCon this year and said it was great. My wife went years ago and said it was much smaller so I didn't go this year. I'll definitely check it out next year if I can. Not sure I'm going to make it to Atlanta CC this weekend. Money is a little tight
Old 07-12-2018, 08:46 AM

Yeah, I think it's been really hot across most of the mainland US so far this year, but I don't know if it's actually any warmer than usual so far or not.

MomoCon's attendance has just about tripled according to estimates since 2011 (their last year at Georgia Tech), so I certainly wouldn't call it small now.

I won't be making it to Atlanta ComicCon this year either, but I have a friend or two going so I'll have to ask them what their experience was like.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:42 PM

I ended up not going to Atlanta CC. I heard it wasn't great. Lots of Pop figures and that was about it. Glad I saved my money.
My buddy did say MomoCon was huge. I'll probably go next year.