Go Back   OtakuSocialNetwork > Manga > Romance / Romantic Comedy / Shojo

View Poll Results: Who should Serinuma choose?
Yusuke Igarashi 0 0%
Nozomu Nanashima 0 0%
Hayato Shinomiya 0 0%
Asuma Mutsumi 1 100.00%
Shima Nishina 0 0%
Takeru Mitsuboshi 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2017, 04:08 PM

Default "Kiss Him, Not Me!"

Kae Serinuma is my spirit animal. Seriously.

"Kiss Him, Not Me!" by Junko-sensei

"Kae Serinuma is a fujoshi, a female otaku who loves reading yaoi material and imagining men together in romantic relationships, both fictional and real. After one of her favorite anime characters is killed off, the shock causes Kae to lock herself in her room for a whole week. When she eventually comes out, she discovers that she has suddenly lost a lot of weight, becoming a beautiful girl that catches the eye of four boys at her school: YĆ«suke Igarashi, Nozomu Nanashima, Hayato Shinomiya, and Asuma Mutsumi. Despite learning about Kae's bizarre tendencies, the four boys, along with another fujoshi girl named Shima Nishina, all fall for Kae and begin competing with each other for her affection, much to Kae's frustration -- as she would rather see them get together with each other!"

So if you're like me, you devoured the first 40 chapters in one sitting and screeched at your computer like a deranged barn owl when it refused to load a theretofore non-existent chapter 41. (Probably none of you are quite like me, and that can only be a positive, healthy sign on your part).

But if you're hooked too, it must be asked - Who are you rooting for to win Serinuma's love?

For me there's only one answer - gotta be Mutsumi. Not only has he never cared about her physical appearance in the slightest, to the point where he didn't even notice the change, much less treat her differently, he's also the only one who had no intention of playing games with her or competing for her, but simply wanted to be honest with her from the moment he realized his feelings. I believe he was also the first one to accept her otaku status when the rest tried to cringe; the rest of them only stuck around long enough to fall for her because of her looks - he's the only one for whom her looks never mattered in the slightest. Plus he's just a little bit nerdy as a history otaku, and he's thoughtful, intelligent and honest, while still rocking that earnest, slightly dense naivete. Be still my heart. The others are all worthy contestants, they each tug at my heartstrings something fierce, but no matter how you slice it, Mutsumi is perfect!