Go Back   OtakuSocialNetwork > Otaku > General / Other

Old 03-25-2018, 01:43 AM

Default Please ignore/delete this thread.

I have no problem now.

Last edited by Super Soup; 04-05-2018 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:13 AM

Eh? Well, being older and obsessed with that kind of stuff actually is more fitting of the otaku terms connotations. In the west though we don't always get the strong negative connotations it has in Japan though.

Well, anyway, it depends waht you wat to do. Honestly, I don't think completely defining yourself by a few bits of anime that were designed to entertain you is the best choice and priority for your life. That said, it's fine to continue enjoyinng or having some shirts around if you are comfortable with it.

If you are expecting to just "grow out" of something, that's not always how it works. Sure, over time you get bored with something or become more educated and mature, but a lot requires you choosing to change and grow up along the line. Doing things like taking responsibility for yourself, living on your own, etc. does that. Maybe you've already done that, I don't know. By 24 I had a wife, kid, steady job, paid for our rent and was in the process of getting a house, etc. I still liked some of the anime I liked before, and still do (Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist, Evangelion, etc). I still wear anime convention shirts regularly and such. I still do.

Did(do) people think I'm weird? Maybe? I kinda doubt it's because of wearing anime shirts, honestly, of all the things it could be. Then again, half my work place watches anime to some extent, even if not all are convention types or would call themselves otaku, so I'm not used to the kind of people that would really think all that much about it.

If you are looking for some cliche like, "just be yourself!" I'm not going to waste your time with that. Sounds like you are waiting for change in your life, but really, you need to make it happen. Pick priorities of your life, and try to figure out what the right priorities really are, and do what you can to organize your life accordingly. That doens't mean you need to give up your favorite shirts and liking an anime here and there though, at least not necessarily (I don't know what you want to do or your life). Hell, maybe you're already on the right track and just confused by how it's all going.

Basically, if you feel something is wrong, do something about it, though take some time to think about it in respect to your priorities. Go ahead and re-evaluate your priorities too. In a few months or a year, go ahead and re-evaluate. You'll need to do that kind of thing frequently throughout your life. Don't worry too much about small stuff you find doesn't really matter in the long run to you though. Remember, maybe some people will go crazy over you wearing anime girls on your shirt. Do you want to hang around that kind of person to begin with? If yes, do something about it, if not, don't worry about it.